CAW Supports Catherine Fife for Kitchener -Waterloo
Kitchener-Waterloo needs a strong representative who will put the needs of the Community first and take our concerns to Queen’s Park. The NDP’s Catherine Fife is that candidate.With a by-election scheduled for the Kitchener-Waterloo riding on September 6, there is an opportunity to make much needed political change in the region.
Catherine Fife is committed to the issues that are most important to working women and men. Sending an NDP member to Queen’s Park would be the best option for addressing these issues of importance to CAW members:
• Job creation. Developing plans for creating good jobs, instead of more precarious, temporary, part-time employment.
• Protection and expansion of our publicly-funded health care system. Our health care system is a national treasure and it is now up to the provinces to make sure it not only stays intact but is strengthened for now and the future.
• Improved minimum care standards in our long-term care homes. The necessary change would mean better care for our elderly family members and better working conditions for home staff.
• Enhancing and improving social programs. Austerity programs at every level of government threaten the security of our cherished public services and social programs. We need to defend and build, not cut and undo.
• Improving skilled trades issues such as access to apprenticeships. This will generate real employment and invest in existing and future workers.
If you live in the Kitchener-Waterloo riding, please vote for Catherine Fife. Whether or not you do, we urge you to support the campaign in any way that you can. The campaign needs your donations, and could most of all use some volunteer hours from you to help connect with voters in the riding.
To volunteer or donate, please call the Catherine Fife NDP campaign office at 519-725-4888 or see www.catherinefife.ca
Darlene Wilson Tim Mitchell Bill McLachlan Roger Lee President President President President CAW Local 4304 CAW Local 1524 CAW Local 1106 Retirees Chapter Local 1451